Monday, February 25, 2008

Condo

I just bought my first home in December. It was a big mess before it finally got signed right before Christmas. They put a step onto my patio and I had to get a lawyer to get the builder to make it accessible. So I am in the process of filing a fair housing complaint against Midvale City. Don't mess with my accessiblity or I'll take you down or at least write a really nasty letter. Speaking of letters...there were three cars parking in my handicapped spots when I first moved in. So I was trying to be nice and instead of having them ticketed I just put a lice note on their window asking them to please park somewhere else. But no they continued to park there so I blocked them in with my van. :) The girl had to come to my house and ask me to move...to make a long story short her response was--"that's YOUR spot" I was like yeah that's the only place I can park and be able to get my wheelchair into my house. Her response was "FINE" with attitude of course. Parking in a handicapped spot and complaining when someone in a wheelchair asks you to move...Poor girl is paving a path to Hell. Oh I'll post pictures.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Don't mess with Emily!!

tarat said...

Yikes, that girl has some real problems. I hope I never act like that!

Bonnie said...

TEACHER!!! I finally found your blog!!! I'm going to add it to mine right away. I love you so much! (Sorry about not going on a walk today ... I had killer cramps for like 2 hours and then we had to unload our moving truck. Joy.)

Anika said...

OH MY HECK! I cannot tell you how I hate it when people park in the handicap places and then bee-bop out of their car like it's no big deal! I give horribly mean stares when I see someone doing this illegally....oh yes, I do! Usually I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, like when they are speeding or running red lights, but, come on, parking in a designated spot-there is NO excuse! I think my pent up anger stems from that one time we went to the dollar movies in Provo and we were in your van and you didn't have enough room to even get IN your own car. Remember? It made just a little impression on me! ;-) Anyhooooo....I'll defend you-just let me know where I can direct my stares!!!