Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Teacher my Grandma said....

I just remembered another teacher story I have to write down before I forget. We'll call him 'Luke'. Luke was having some issues one day and kept raising his hand and anouncing "Teacher my bum itches. I need to call my grandma."

I would just say okay and hope he would forget. After he made this same complaint 2 or 3 times. I told him to go the bathroom and wipe.

Luke--"but i don't need to go to the bathroom!"

I said 'Luke sometimes if you don't wipe good enough it makes your bum itch. now go to the bathroom and wipe.'

He comes back and again--teacher my bum itches. I need to call my grandma. Then he says "My grandma said if my bum itches and then I wipe and it still itches that I need to call her!"

Oh man I couldn't keep it in after that. My reply was--your grandma said all of that? "Yes she did!" Well okay we better go call her then!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

oh the joys of teaching! I cracked right up with this post! :) It's funny that you had to explain to him why the itch was there... and he even had an answer for that. Sounds like a personal problem... GO HOME!

AshlieM said...

Yummy..oh the memories of 1st graders! I really want to do something with you guys and have a girls night! I miss you. When we get moved and settled I will call you and we'll do something! We are actually moving to Draper now on 123rd south but still close! CALL ME SOMETIME !!!!!