Saturday, November 22, 2008

Teacher moments--if I can remember.

I've had a request for funny teacher stories--Here goes.

1. Every day the same students says to me--"Teacher you're as pretty as an Angel and a Princess!" The funny part about that is I show up to school with no make up on, straight out of the shower=frizzy hair and my rattiest clothes, Princess Cinderella (before the fairy-god-mother)

2. One day my 'favorite' student did not show up for school. He would always be the first in line, standing with his dad, everyday. About 2 hours later he and his dad walked into my class. They both looked a little ascew, like they just rolled out of bed and still in their PJ's. The dad said "UHH...Yeah." then turned around and walked out. A little later I said "Scott" How come you were late today? He replied--because daddy spent the night with Jennifer.----Oh :) Okay.

And my favorite of all time

3. I had a picture of Grandma Erma and Grandma Lucy sitting on my table. In the picture they are sitting on a couch and there is a picture of Christ hanging on the wall behind them. One of my students (who is muslim) looked at the picture, pointed to Christ and said 'Teacher who is that?'
I said 'Umm.....his name is Jesus.'
She asked again 'Teacher is he your brother?'
I said 'Ummm.....Yeah.'
She looked at me with a little twinkle, and a smile, and shaking her head said 'Is he your--bruthu from anuthu mothu?'
:) I smiled 'UH....Yeah'
And she walked away laughing "hehehehe I said bruthu from anuthu mothu!'

Oh that was so funny.

2 comments:

AshlieM said...

Those are hilarious! I miss all of the funny stories and kids. I miss you em:(

Melissa said...

HE-larious, this was a good chuckle!! take care!